Dermatology Specialists Inc
- Dermatology |
- 1309 S Mission Rd Fallbrook, CA 760-728-7546
Doctors in Dermatology Specialists Inc
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Dermatology Specialists Inc when asked is excellent. Dermatology Specialists Inc has been reviewed by 63 patients. The rating is 4.0 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Dermatology Specialists Inc as provided by patient reviews is 10 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
- George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
- University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Health Insurance Accepted
- Molina Healthcare
- UHC West
- BCBS Blue Card
- First Health
- Blue Shield California
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Patients' Choice Award
- Tri-City Medical Center Oceanside, CA
- Palomar Health Downtown Campus - Escondido Escondido, CA
- Scripps Green Hospital La Jolla, CA
- Sharp Memorial Hospital San Diego, CA
- Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas Encinitas, CA
- Fallbrook Hospital Fallbrook, CA
- Palomar Medical Center Poway Poway, CA
- Sharp Coronado Hospital Coronado, CA
- Scripps Mercy Hospital - Chula Vista Campus Chula Vista, CA
- UC San Diego Medical Center San Diego, CA
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital La Mesa, CA
- Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla La Jolla, CA
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Chula Vista, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing