Cherry Street Medical Group
- Family Medicine
- 500 Doyle Park Dr Santa Rosa, CA 707-545-1300
Doctors in Cherry Street Medical Group
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Cherry Street Medical Group when asked is excellent. Cherry Street Medical Group has been reviewed by 25 patients. The rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Cherry Street Medical Group as provided by patient reviews is 16 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Medicine
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- BCBS Blue Card
- Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Patients' Choice Award
- Regional Top Doctors
- Sutter Tracy Community Hospital Tracy, CA
- Healdsburg District Hospital Healdsburg, CA
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa Medical Center and Medical Offices Santa Rosa, CA
- Petaluma Valley Hospital Petaluma, CA
- Sonoma Valley Hospital Sonoma, CA
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital Santa Rosa, CA
- Kaiser Permanente San Rafael Medical Center San Rafael, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing