Miramar Eye Specialists Med
- 3085 Loma Vista Rd Ventura, CA 805-648-3085
Doctors in Miramar Eye Specialists Med
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Miramar Eye Specialists Med when asked is excellent. Miramar Eye Specialists Med has been reviewed by 116 patients. The rating is 4.2 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Miramar Eye Specialists Med as provided by patient reviews is 21 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
- Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
- Boston University School Of Medicine
- Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland
Health Insurance Accepted
- Blue Shield California
- Health Net
- Blue Cross California
- Patients' Choice Award
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Regional Top Doctors
- Ventura County Medical Center Ventura, CA
- Community Memorial Hospital - San Buena Ventura Ventura, CA
- St John's Regional Medical Center Oxnard, CA
- Simi Valley Hospital Simi Valley, CA
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Thousand Oaks, CA
- Community Hospital of San Bernardino San Bernardino, CA
- St John's Pleasant Valley Hospital Camarillo, CA
- Ojai Valley Community Hospital Ojai, CA
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center Burbank, CA
- Huntington Beach Hospital Huntington Beach, CA
- Garfield Medical Center Monterey Park, CA
- Los Angeles Community Hospital Los Angeles, CA
- Valley Presbyterian Hospital Van Nuys, CA
- Good Samaritan Hospital Los Angeles, CA
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-East Campus Loma Linda, CA
- South Coast Global Medical Center Santa Ana, CA
- Huntington Hospital Pasadena, CA
- St Joseph Health, St Mary Apple Valley, CA
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Los Angeles, CA
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital Whittier, CA
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center Fountain Valley, CA
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical Center Garden Grove, CA
- UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica Santa Monica, CA
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Los Angeles, CA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing