Atlantic Urological Assoc
- Urology |
- Radiation Oncology
- 545 Health Blvd Daytona Beach, FL 386-239-8500
Doctors in Atlantic Urological Assoc
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Atlantic Urological Assoc when asked is excellent. Atlantic Urological Assoc has been reviewed by 64 patients. The rating is 4.2 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Atlantic Urological Assoc as provided by patient reviews is 17 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
A radiation oncologist is a physician who specializes in the use of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer in a patient.
These doctors work in concert with other cancer specialists in order to determine the best form of treatment for a specific patient. Radiation oncologists are in charge of determining the correct dose of radiation to be used in treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy, as well as the appropriate amount of time that radiation should be administered in order to maximize the therapeutic benefits.
- Radiation Oncology
- Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
- West Virginia University School Of Medicine
- Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
- Georgetown University School Of Medicine
- Weill Cornell Medical College
Health Insurance Accepted
- Coventry Health Care
- UHC of the River Valley
- United Healthcare
- First Health
- Patients' Choice Award
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Regional Top Doctors
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa Tampa, FL
- Halifax Health Medical Center of Daytona Beach Daytona Beach, FL
- Memorial Hospital Miramar Hollywood, FL
- Florida Hospital New Smyrna New Smyrna Beach, FL
- Bert Fish Medical Center New Smyrna Beach, FL
- Florida Hospital Flagler Palm Coast, FL
- Florida Hospital Orlando Orlando, FL
- Florida Hospital - Ormond Memorial Ormond Beach, FL
- Halifax Behavioral Services Daytona Beach, FL
- Halifax County Medical Center - Atlantic Campus Daytona Beach, FL
- Halifax Medical Center Daytona Beach, FL
- Halifax Medical Center Port Orange Port Orange, FL
- Leesburg Regional Medical Center Leesburg, FL
- Memorial Hospital West Pembroke Pines, FL
- Florida Hospital Waterman Tavares, FL
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing