Covenant Medical Group
- Internal Medicine |
- Geriatric Medicine |
- Adolescent Medicine
- 2501 Compass Rd Glenview, IL 847-998-0010
Doctors in Covenant Medical Group
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Covenant Medical Group when asked is excellent. Covenant Medical Group has been reviewed by 121 patients. The rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Covenant Medical Group as provided by patient reviews is 16 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
- Tufts University School Of Medicine
- Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
- University Of Michigan Medical School
- Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- First Health
- BCBS Illinois
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Patients' Choice Award
- Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Regional Top Doctors
- Advocate Condell Medical Center Libertyville, IL
- Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital Lake Forest, IL
- NorthShore Evanston Hospital Evanston, IL
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital Chicago, IL
- Swedish Covenant Hospital Chicago, IL
- Northshore Skokie Hospital Skokie, IL
- Evanston Hospital Evanston, IL
- Glenbrook Hospital Glenview, IL
- Highland Park Hospital Highland Park, IL
- Skokie Hospital Skokie, IL
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing