- 2325 18th St, Columbus, IN
- 4.0 average rating
- 3 specialties
- 1 affiliated hospital
- 13 insurance providers
- 1 award
- 3 schools
- 23 minutes avg wait time
- 4 are board certified
- 4 are rated 4 stars and above
- 5 are rated on Vitals.com
- 4 are male
- 1 is female
- 3 specialties
- 13 health insurance companies
- 4.0 average overall rating
1 affiliated award
- Sagamore Health
- United Healthcare
- Indiana University
Doctors in Indiana Heart Physicians
- Dr. Melinda Hunnicutt MD Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine Columbus, IN
- Dr. Soo Park MD Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology Columbus, IN
- Dr. David Hamilton MD Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine Columbus, IN
- Dr. Mark Hatfield MD Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine Columbus, IN
- Dr. Kevin Preuss MD Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine Columbus, IN
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Indiana Heart Physicians is affiliated with the following hospital
- Columbus Regional Hospital Columbus, IN 47201
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Indiana University School Of Medicine
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Nearby Group Practices
Indiana Heart Physicians is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Columbus, IN.
Southern Indiana Nephrology & Hypertension
Southern Indiana Surgery Inc
Columbus Adult Medicine Associates
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.