- 500 Upper Chesapeake Dr, Bel Air, MD
- 4.2 average rating
- 1 specialty
- 5 affiliated hospitals
- 1 insurance provider
- 7 schools
- 5 minutes avg wait time
- 11 are board certified
- 4 are rated 4 stars and above
- 5 are rated on Vitals.com
- 10 are male
- 1 specialty
- 1 health insurance company
- 4.2 average overall rating
Doctors in Northern Chesapeake Anesthesia Associates
- Dr. Marc Levi MD Anesthesiology Chapel Hill, NC
- Dr. Ronald Sakamoto MD Anesthesiology Bel Air, MD
- Dr. Sanjeev Kumar MD, BS, MBBS Anesthesiology Bel Air, MD
- Dr. James Ferrarese MD Anesthesiology Bel Air, MD
- Dr. Rodger Oursler MD Anesthesiology Bel Air, MD
- Dr. Richard Peterson MD Anesthesiology Cockeysville, MD
- Dr. Samir Patel MD Anesthesiology Annapolis, MD
- Dr. Steven Ambrosich MD Anesthesiology Bel Air, MD
- Dr. Michael Eves DO Anesthesiology Vero Beach, FL
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Northern Chesapeake Anesthesia Associates is affiliated with the following hospitals
- University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center Bel Air, MD 21014
- St Clair Hospital Pittsburgh, PA 15243
- Inova Fairfax Hospital Falls Church, VA 22042
- Harford Memorial Hosp Havre De Grace, MD 21078
- Upper Chesapeake Medical Center Bel Air, MD 21014
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Georgetown University School Of Medicine
- University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
- Temple University School Of Medicine
- Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
- University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- King George Medical College
- Ross University School Of Medicine
Nearby Group Practices
Northern Chesapeake Anesthesia Associates is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Bel Air, MD.
Upper Chesapeake Medical Service
Bel Air, MD
Harford Gastroenterology Associates
Bel Air, MD
Ambulatory Care Center
Bel Air, MD
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.