- 246 Maple St, Marlborough, MA
- 4.3 average rating
- 4 specialties
- 4 affiliated hospitals
- 9 insurance providers
- 2 awards
- 6 schools
- 13 minutes avg wait time
- 8 are board certified
- 6 are rated 4 stars and above
- 8 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 5 are female
- 4 specialties
- 9 health insurance companies
- 4.3 average overall rating
- Tufts Health Plan
- BCBS Blue Card
- United Healthcare
Doctors in Charles River Medical Assoc
- Dr. Jose Flores Cardillo MD Internal Medicine Marlborough, MA
- Dr. Rasmia Ahmed MD Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology Framingham, MA
- Dr. Vibha Sharma MD Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine Marlborough, MA
- Dr. Vinay Kumar MD Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine Marlborough, MA
- Dr. John Curran MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Marlborough, MA
- Dr. Usha Bandari MD Internal Medicine Marlborough, MA
- Dr. Dolly Geevarghese MD, BS, MBBS Internal Medicine Marlborough, MA
- Dr. Deepanwita Prusty MD, PHD Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Brighton, MA
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Charles River Medical Assoc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- SMG St Elizabeth's Medical Center Brighton, MA 02135
- UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus Worcester, MA 01655
- UMass Memorial-Marlborough Hospital Marlborough, MA 01752
- Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital Framingham, MA 01702
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Boston University School Of Medicine
- Osmania Medical College
- King George Medical College
- Sindh Medical College
- Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
- Belarusian State Medical University
Nearby Group Practices
Charles River Medical Assoc is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Marlborough, MA.
Kuchnir Dermatology & Dermatologic Surg.
Adult & Pediatric Dermatology
Women's Health Of Central Mass
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.