- 1900 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids, MI
- 4.3 average rating
- 4 specialties
- 6 affiliated hospitals
- 12 insurance providers
- 6 awards
- 8 schools
- 10 minutes avg wait time
- 14 are board certified
- 14 are rated 4 stars and above
- 16 are rated on Vitals.com
- 14 are male
- 3 are female
- 4 specialties
- 12 health insurance companies
- 4.3 average overall rating
6 affiliated awards
- United Healthcare
- BCBS Michigan
Doctors in Grand Valley Internal Medicine Specialists Pc
- Dr. Gary Humphries MD Internal Medicine Grand Rapids, MI
- Dr. Daniel Drumm MD Internal Medicine Grand Rapids, MI
- Dr. Melonie Ice MD Internal Medicine Grand Rapids, MI
- Dr. Bruce Langerak DO Internal Medicine Grand Rapids, MI
- Dr. Jeffery Woo MD Internal Medicine Grand Rapids, MI
- Dr. William Baer II MD Internal Medicine Grand Rapids, MI
- Dr. David Mcgrath MD Internal Medicine Grand Rapids, MI
- Dr. Richard Goodstein DO Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine Harrodsburg, KY
- Dr. Peter Kuhl MD Internal Medicine Wyoming, MI
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Grand Valley Internal Medicine Specialists Pc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Spectrum Health Butterworth Campus Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Spectrum Health Kelsey Memorial Health Center Lakeview, MI 48850
- Spectrum Health-Blodgett Campus Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- Metro Health Hospital Wyoming, MI 49519
- Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
- Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
- West Virginia University School Of Medicine
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
- University Of Michigan Medical School
- University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
- University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Nearby Group Practices
Grand Valley Internal Medicine Specialists Pc is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Grand Rapids, MI.
Associates IN Obstetrics
Grand Rapids, MI
Healthquest Surgical Associates
Grand Rapids, MI
Kentwood Medical Clinic
Grand Rapids, MI
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.