- 1300 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids, MI
- 4.6 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 12 affiliated hospitals
- 10 insurance providers
- 3 awards
- 2 schools
- 16 minutes avg wait time
- 3 are board certified
- 3 are rated 4 stars and above
- 3 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 2 specialties
- 10 health insurance companies
- 4.6 average overall rating
3 affiliated awards
- Spectrum Health
Doctors in Michigan Med Specialists
- Dr. Peter Ugolini MD Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rapids, MI
- Dr. Randy Lovell III MD Orthopedic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand Grand Rapids, MI
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Michigan Med Specialists is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Mercy Health Partners- General Campus Muskegon, MI 49444
- Metro Health Specialty Physicians Wyoming, MI 49519
- Metropolitan Hospital Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- Saint Mary's Health Care Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial Fremont, MI 49412
- Spectrum Health Kelsey Hospital Lakeview, MI 48850
- Spectrum Health Medical Center Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Spectrum Health United Hospital Greenville, MI 48838
- St Mary's Mercy Medical Center Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Zeeland Community Hospital Zeeland, MI 49464
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
- Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.