Southfield Obstetrical SVR PC
- Obstetrics and Gynecology |
- Family Medicine
- 30400 Telegraph Rd Bingham Farms, MI 248-353-9460
Doctors in Southfield Obstetrical SVR PC
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Southfield Obstetrical SVR PC when asked is excellent. Southfield Obstetrical SVR PC has been reviewed by 66 patients. The rating is 4.2 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Southfield Obstetrical SVR PC as provided by patient reviews is 23 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Family Medicine
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
- Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- United Healthcare
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Patients' Choice Award
- DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital Detroit, MI
- Beaumont Hospital - Troy Troy, MI
- DMC Huron Valley - Sinai Hospital Commerce Township, MI
- Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak Royal Oak, MI
- Providence-Providence Park Hospital, Southfield Campus Southfield, MI
- Doctor's Hospital of Michigan Pontiac, MI
- Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center Detroit, MI
- DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital Detroit, MI
- Harper University Hospital Detroit, MI
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center Southfield, MI
- Providence Park Hospital Novi, MI
- St John Detroit Riverview Hospital Detroit, MI
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing