- Orthopedic Surgery
- 2020 Palomino Ln Las Vegas, NV 702-474-7200
Doctors in Orthopaedic Specialists
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Orthopaedic Specialists when asked is excellent. Orthopaedic Specialists has been reviewed by 127 patients. The rating is 4.0 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Orthopaedic Specialists as provided by patient reviews is 18 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- University Of Washington School Of Medicine
- University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
- Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
- Baylor College Of Medicine
- Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- Sierra Health
- Prominence Health Plan
- One Health Network
- United Healthcare
- Patients' Choice Award
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree
- Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing