Cooper Perinatology Assoc
- Obstetrics and Gynecology |
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine |
- Plastic Surgery
- 1230 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd Trenton, NJ 609-581-5681
Doctors in Cooper Perinatology Assoc
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Cooper Perinatology Assoc when asked is excellent. Cooper Perinatology Assoc has been reviewed by 13 patients. The rating is 3.9 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Cooper Perinatology Assoc as provided by patient reviews is 25 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
- Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
- New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- United Healthcare
- First Health
- Highmark BCBS
- Data not available
- University Hospital Newark, NJ
- Virtua Health West Jersey Voorhees, NJ
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton Trenton, NJ
- Virtua Marlton Marlton, NJ
- Cooper University Hospital Camden, NJ
- Temple University Hospital Philadelphia, PA
- Abington-Lansdale Hospital/Jefferson Health Lansdale, PA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing