Western New York Urology Associates Llc
- 500 Sterling Dr Orchard Park, NY 716-677-2273
Doctors in Western New York Urology Associates Llc
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Western New York Urology Associates Llc when asked is excellent. Western New York Urology Associates Llc has been reviewed by 146 patients. The rating is 3.9 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Western New York Urology Associates Llc as provided by patient reviews is 14 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
- Universidad De Buenos Aires
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- First Health
- United Healthcare
- Highmark BCBS
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Regional Top Doctors
- Patients' Choice Award
- Sisters of Charity Hospital - St Joseph Campus Buffalo, NY
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute Buffalo, NY
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital Buffalo, NY
- Buffalo General Medical Center Buffalo, NY
- Sisters of Charity Hospital Buffalo, NY
- Erie County Medical Center Buffalo, NY
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Buffalo, NY
- Wyoming County Community Health System Warsaw, NY
- United Memorial Medical Center Batavia, NY
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing