- 2415 Jerusalem Ave North Bellmore, NY 516-221-5151
Doctors in Wantagh Pediatric
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Wantagh Pediatric when asked is excellent. Wantagh Pediatric has been reviewed by 13 patients. The rating is 4.8 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Wantagh Pediatric as provided by patient reviews is 10 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
- New York Medical College
- Rawalpindi Medical College
- Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Health Insurance Accepted
- HealthFirst NY
- MVP Health Plan
- Oxford Health
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Patients' Choice Award
- Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center West Islip, NY
- NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Flushing, NY
- Elmhurst Hospital Center Elmhurst, NY
- Lenox Hill Hospital New York, NY
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Richmond Hill, NY
- Stony Brook University Hospital Stony Brook, NY
- LIJ Schneiders Childrens Hospital New Hyde Park, NY
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center New Hyde Park, NY
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr Valley Stream, NY
- North Shore University Hospital At Syosset Syosset, NY
- North Shore University Hospital Manhasset, NY
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove Glen Cove, NY
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview Plainview, NY
- Steven and Alexandra Cohen Childrenos Medical Center of New York New Hyde Park, NY
- Winthrop University Hospital Mineola, NY
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills Forest Hills, NY
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing