- 545 Elmont Rd, Elmont, NY
- 3.3 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 3 affiliated hospitals
- 7 insurance providers
- 4 schools
- 20 minutes avg wait time
- 7 are board certified
- 2 are rated 4 stars and above
- 5 are rated on Vitals.com
- 5 are male
- 2 are female
- 2 specialties
- 7 health insurance companies
- 3.3 average overall rating
- MVP Health Plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- HealthFirst NY
- United Healthcare
Doctors in Elmont Open Mri
- Dr. Dennis Rossi MD Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology Hewlett, NY
- Dr. Sharada Jayagopal MD Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine New Hyde Park, NY
- Dr. Victoria Beyda MD Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology New York, NY
- Dr. Daniel Beyda MD Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology New York, NY
- Dr. Howard Gelber MD Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology Hewlett, NY
- Dr. James Mccleavey MD Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology Hewlett, NY
- Dr. Glenn Schwartz MD Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology Hewlett, NY
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Elmont Open Mri is affiliated with the following hospitals
- St John's Episcopal Hospital-South Shore Far Rockaway, NY 11691
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center New Hyde Park, NY 11040
- Mount Sinai Queens Astoria, NY 11102
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
- Boston University School Of Medicine
- New York University School Of Medicine
- Bangalore Medical College
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.