1 affiliated award
Doctors in Northern Medical Specialists
- Dr. Ravi Veeramachaneni MD Internal Medicine Mahopac, NY
- Dr. David Scuccimarra MD Internal Medicine, General Practice, Family Medicine Mahopac, NY
- Dr. Jeffrey Beechert MD Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine Mahopac, NY
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Northern Medical Specialists is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Nassau University Medical Center East Meadow, NY 11554
- North Shore University Hospital Manhasset, NY 11030
- Putnam Hospital Center Carmel, NY 10512
- Montefiore Medical Center Bronx, NY 10467
- MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Wakefield Hospital Bronx, NY 10466
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
- Westchester Medical Center Valhalla, NY 10595
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- New York Medical College
- Rangaraya Medical College
- Universite De Lausanne
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine