Pediatric Cardi Li
- Pediatrics |
- Pediatric Cardiology
- 5505 Nesconset Hwy Mount Sinai, NY 631-331-5014
Doctors in Pediatric Cardi Li
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Pediatric Cardi Li when asked is excellent. Pediatric Cardi Li has been reviewed by 48 patients. The rating is 3.8 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Pediatric Cardi Li as provided by patient reviews is 16 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
- St Georges University
Health Insurance Accepted
- Oxford Health
- MVP Health Plan
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area&trade;
- Top 10 Doctor - State
- Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree
- Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- St Francis Hospital Roslyn, NY
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center West Islip, NY
- Winthrop University Hospital Mineola, NY
- South Nassau Communities Hospital Oceanside, NY
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center New Hyde Park, NY
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center Suffern, NY
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital Port Jefferson, NY
- Mercy Medical Center Rockville Centre, NY
- North Shore University Hospital Manhasset, NY
- Southside Hospital Bay Shore, NY
- Huntington Hospital Huntington, NY
- St Joseph Hospital Bethpage, NY
- MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center Poughkeepsie, NY
- Stony Brook University Hospital Stony Brook, NY
- Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center Patchogue, NY
- St Charles Hospital & Rehab Center Port Jefferson, NY
- Southampton Hospital Southampton, NY
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing