Doctors in Piedmont Triad Anesthesia
- Dr. Curtis Johnsrude MD Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. Daniel Winters MD Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. Benzion Schkolne MD, MBBS Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. Jacquelyn Gibbons MD Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. Terrence Almengual MD Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. Vincent Castellano III MD Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. David Colonna MD Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. Michael Scannell MD Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. Ronald Waterer MD Anesthesiology Winston Salem, NC
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Piedmont Triad Anesthesia is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center Thomasville, NC 27360
- Novant Health Medical Park Hospital Winston Salem, NC 27103
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center Winston Salem, NC 27103
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
- American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
- University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
- University Of Florida College Of Medicine
- Universita Degli Studi Di Bologna
- Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
- University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
- Seth Gs Medical College
- University Of Cape Town
- University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Nearby Group Practices
Piedmont Triad Anesthesia is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Winston Salem, NC.
Carolina Pain Institute
Winston Salem, NC
Carolina Urological Assoc Pa
Winston Salem, NC
Orthopaedic Specialists of The Carolinas, Pa
Winston Salem, NC
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.