1 affiliated award
Doctors by Specialty
Select a specialty below to filter by doctors affiliated at Greensboro Anesthesia Pc
Doctors in Greensboro Anesthesia Pc
- Dr. David Crews MD Anesthesiology Greensboro, NC
- Dr. James Massagee MD Anesthesiology Greensboro, NC
- Dr. David Joslin MD Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine Greensboro, NC
- Dr. Alexander Fortune MD Anesthesiology Greensboro, NC
- Dr. Michael Foster MD Anesthesiology Greensboro, NC
- Dr. Eleanor Hoots Jackson MD Anesthesiology Greensboro, NC
- Dr. Kevin Ossey MD, MBBS Anesthesiology Greensboro, NC
- Dr. John Hatchett Jr MD Anesthesiology Greensboro, NC
- Dr. Charlene Edwards MD Anesthesiology Greensboro, NC
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
Greensboro Anesthesia Pc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Moses Cone Memorial Hospital Greensboro, NC 27401
- Cone Health Women's Hospital Greensboro, NC 27408
- Cone Behavioral Health Center Greensboro, NC 27403
- Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital Greensboro, NC 27401
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
- University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
- University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
- Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
- The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
- Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
- University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
- Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
- Duke University School Of Medicine
- University Of Minnesota Medical School
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.