- 800 N Justice St, Hendersonville, NC
- 4.0 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 2 affiliated hospitals
- 3 insurance providers
- 7 schools
- 31 minutes avg wait time
- 6 are board certified
- 2 are rated 4 stars and above
- 3 are rated on Vitals.com
- 7 are male
- 2 specialties
- 3 health insurance companies
- 4.0 average overall rating
- United Healthcare
Doctors in Hendersonville Emergency Consultants Pc
- Dr. Thomas Lacy MD Emergency Medicine Hendersonville, NC
- Dr. Charles Henrichs III MD, FACEP Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine Hendersonville, NC
- Dr. Gregory Mccarty MD, FACEP Emergency Medicine Hendersonville, NC
- Dr. Timothy Novak MD Emergency Medicine Hendersonville, NC
- Dr. Larry Farmer DO Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine Hendersonville, NC
- Dr. Matthew Spragg DO Emergency Medicine Anamosa, IA
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hendersonville Emergency Consultants Pc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- UnityPoint Health Jones Regional Medical Center Anamosa, IA 52205
- Margaret R Pardee Memorial Hospital Hendersonville, NC 28791
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Nova Southeastern University
- East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
- University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
- Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
- Des Moines University
- The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
- The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Nearby Group Practices
Hendersonville Emergency Consultants Pc is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Hendersonville, NC.
Blue Ridge Bone & Joint Clinic
Piedmont Hendersonville Anesthesia Consultants PL.
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.