- 709 N Justice St, Hendersonville, NC
- 3.4 average rating
- 1 specialty
- 6 affiliated hospitals
- 9 insurance providers
- 5 awards
- 5 schools
- 13 minutes avg wait time
- 3 are board certified
- 1 is rated 4 stars and above
- 3 are rated on Vitals.com
- 5 are male
- 1 is female
- 1 specialty
- 9 health insurance companies
- 3.4 average overall rating
5 affiliated awards
- Coventry Health Care
- United Healthcare
- First Health
Doctors in Hendersonville/Mahec Family Medicine Residency Program
- Dr. Daniel Yoder Jr MD Family Medicine Williamsburg, KY
- Dr. Sonja Lynm DO Family Medicine Anchorage, AK
- Dr. Bryan Hodge DO Family Medicine Hendersonville, NC
- Dr. Richard Yeater MD Family Medicine Phoenix, AZ
- Dr. Aaron Beck MD Family Medicine Fort Atkinson, WI
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Hendersonville/Mahec Family Medicine Residency Program is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Fort Memorial Hospital Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
- Margaret R Pardee Memorial Hospital Hendersonville, NC 28791
- St Vincent Healthcare Billings, MT 59101
- Phoenix VA Health Care System Phoenix, AZ 85012
- Fairbanks Memorial Fairbanks, AK 99701
- Jellico Community Hospital Jellico, TN 37762
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
- Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
- Saba University School Of Medicine
- University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
Nearby Group Practices
Hendersonville/Mahec Family Medicine Residency Program is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Hendersonville, NC.
Hendersonville Family Health Center
Carolina Plastic Surgery
Western Carolina Med Associates Inc.
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.