Westerville Family Physicians
- Family Medicine
- 444 N Cleveland Ave Westerville, OH 614-899-2700
Doctors in Westerville Family Physicians
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Westerville Family Physicians when asked is excellent. Westerville Family Physicians has been reviewed by 102 patients. The rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Westerville Family Physicians as provided by patient reviews is 13 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Medicine
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
- Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
- Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
- University Of The Philippines
Health Insurance Accepted
- United Healthcare
- BCBS Illinois
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Patients' Choice Award
- Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Diabetes Recognition Program
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing