- 5564 Cheviot Rd, Cincinnati, OH
- 4.7 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 8 affiliated hospitals
- 11 insurance providers
- 3 awards
- 2 schools
- 20 minutes avg wait time
- 3 are board certified
- 3 are rated 4 stars and above
- 3 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 2 specialties
- 11 health insurance companies
- 4.7 average overall rating
3 affiliated awards
- United Healthcare
- BCBS Illinois
Doctors in Gen. Vasc Surg. Specialists Inc.
- Dr. Louis Thibodeaux MD, FACS General Surgery, Vascular Surgery Blue Ash, OH
- Dr. Krishnamurthi Mahalingam MD, BS, FACS, MBBS General Surgery, Vascular Surgery Cincinnati, OH
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Gen. Vasc Surg. Specialists Inc. is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Bethesda North Hospital Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Deaconess Hospital Cincinnati, OH 45219
- The Christ Hospital Cincinnati, OH 45219
- Good Samaritan Hospital Cincinnati, OH 45220
- Anderson Hospital Cincinnati, OH 45255
- Mercy Hospital of Fairfield Fairfield, OH 45014
- Mercy Hospital Mt Airy Cincinnati, OH 45239
- Mercy Hospital Western Hills Cincinnati, OH 45238
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
- Thanjavur Medical College
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.