- 150 Cross St, Akron, OH
- 4.9 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 2 affiliated hospitals
- 5 insurance providers
- 1 award
- 4 schools
- 18 minutes avg wait time
- 5 are board certified
- 3 are rated 4 stars and above
- 3 are rated on Vitals.com
- 1 is male
- 4 are female
- 2 specialties
- 5 health insurance companies
- 4.9 average overall rating
1 affiliated award
- BCBS Illinois
- BCBS Blue Card
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
Doctors in Community Suprt Servs
- Dr. Nita Arora MD Psychiatry, Neurology Akron, OH
- Dr. Kimberly Kumer MD Psychiatry, Neurology Boston, MA
- Dr. Tahmina Elahi MD Psychiatry, Neurology Akron, OH
- Dr. Heather Queen-Williams MD Psychiatry, Neurology Akron, OH
- Dr. Kotreshwar Hiremath MD Psychiatry, Neurology Akron, OH
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Community Suprt Servs is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Summa St Thomas Hospital Akron, OH 44310
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General Akron, OH 44307
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Karnataka Institute Of Medical Sciences
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
- Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
- Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine