- 1100 7th Ave SW, Albany, OR
- 4.2 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 3 affiliated hospitals
- 14 insurance providers
- 3 awards
- 6 schools
- 7 minutes avg wait time
- 6 are board certified
- 3 are rated 4 stars and above
- 4 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 3 are female
- 2 specialties
- 14 health insurance companies
- 4.2 average overall rating
3 affiliated awards
- Health Net
- Regence Health Plans
Doctors in Calapooia Family Medicine Grp
- Dr. Susan Newcomb MD Internal Medicine Gallup, NM
- Dr. Rose Miller MD Family Medicine Albany, OR
- Dr. William Origer MD Family Medicine Albany, OR
- Dr. Lynn Morgan MD Family Medicine Albany, OR
- Dr. Douglas Thayer MD Family Medicine Albany, OR
- Dr. Glenn Petersen MD Family Medicine Albany, OR
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Calapooia Family Medicine Grp is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Gallup Indian Medical Center Gallup, NM 87301
- Samaritan Albany General Hospital Albany, OR 97321
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center Corvallis, OR 97330
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
- Dartmouth Medical School
- University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
- Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
- University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
- Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.