Paoli Family Medicine
- Family Medicine
- 250 W Lancaster Ave Paoli, PA 610-644-8069
Doctors in Paoli Family Medicine
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Paoli Family Medicine when asked is excellent. Paoli Family Medicine has been reviewed by 156 patients. The rating is 4.3 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Paoli Family Medicine as provided by patient reviews is 12 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Medicine
- Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
- Georgetown University School Of Medicine
- Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
- Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Erie
Health Insurance Accepted
- Capital Blue Cross
- United Healthcare
- Highmark BCBS
- Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
- Patients' Choice Award
- On-Time Doctor Award
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing