- 239 E Brown St, East Stroudsburg, PA
- 3.8 average rating
- 7 specialties
- 12 affiliated hospitals
- 14 insurance providers
- 11 awards
- 5 schools
- 15 minutes avg wait time
- 8 are board certified
- 4 are rated 4 stars and above
- 9 are rated on Vitals.com
- 9 are male
- 7 specialties
- 14 health insurance companies
- 3.8 average overall rating
11 affiliated awards
Patients' Choice Award
Compassionate Doctor Recognition
Regional Top Doctors
Patient-Centered Medical Home
Top 10 Doctor - City
Diabetes Recognition Program
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree
On-Time Doctor Award
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award
Top 10 Doctor - State
Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
- BCBS Blue Card
- Capital Blue Cross
- Highmark BCBS
Doctors in Med Assoc Of Monroe Cty
- Dr. Steven Gold MD Internal Medicine East Stroudsburg, PA
- Dr. Stephen Strohlein MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine East Stroudsburg, PA
- Dr. Behzad Maghsoudlou MD Neurology, Psychiatry, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Hampton Bays, NY
- Dr. Joseph Laureti DO Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Cardiology Easton, PA
- Dr. Bruce Gershenhorn DO Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology Zion, IL
- Dr. Lim Wong MD Internal Medicine Philadelphia, PA
- Dr. Saadullah Khan MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Williamsport, PA
- Dr. Alan Westheim MD Dermatology East Stroudsburg, PA
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Med Assoc Of Monroe Cty is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Williamsport Regional Medical Center Williamsport, PA 17701
- Lehigh Valley Hospital-Pocono East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
- Midwestern Regional Medical Center Zion, IL 60099
- Methodist Hospital Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Pocono Medical Center East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center Wilkes Barre, PA 18711
- Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital Bloomsburg, PA 17815
- St Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus Allentown, PA 18104
- Geisinger Medical Center Danville, PA 17822
- St. Luke's Hospital - Quakertown Campus Quakertown, PA 18951
- Robert Packer Hospital Sayre, PA 18840
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
- New York University School Of Medicine
- Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
- The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
- University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Nearby Group Practices
Med Assoc Of Monroe Cty is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near East Stroudsburg, PA.
Monroe Radiology Imaging
East Stroudsburg, PA
Pocono Adult & Pediatric Mdcl
East Stroudsburg, PA
North American Partners In Anesthesia LLC
East Stroudsburg, PA
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.