- 214 E Independence St, Shamokin, PA
- 3.7 average rating
- 1 specialty
- 4 affiliated hospitals
- 15 insurance providers
- 3 awards
- 4 schools
- 19 minutes avg wait time
- 2 are board certified
- 2 are rated 4 stars and above
- 4 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 1 is female
- 1 specialty
- 15 health insurance companies
- 3.7 average overall rating
3 affiliated awards
- Capital Blue Cross
- First Health
- Coventry Health Care
Doctors in Progressive Vision Institute Eye Care Center
- Dr. Shann Lin MD, FACS Ophthalmology Reading, PA
- Dr. Maria Barbe MD Ophthalmology Pottsville, PA
- Dr. Anthony Grosso Jr DO Ophthalmology Bethlehem, PA
- Dr. Scott Piette DO, BS Ophthalmology Chambersburg, PA
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Progressive Vision Institute Eye Care Center is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Lehigh Valley Hospital-Schuylkill S Jackson Street Pottsville, PA 17901
- Lehigh Valley Hospital-Schuylkill E Norwegian Street Pottsville, PA 17901
- Geisinger - Shamokin Area Community Hospital Coal Township, PA 17866
- St Joseph Medical Center Reading, PA 19605
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
- University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
- Albany Medical College
Nearby Group Practices
Progressive Vision Institute Eye Care Center is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Shamokin, PA.
Miller Family Health Ctr
Bloomsburg Physicians Services
Integrated Medical Group Pc
Mount Carmel, PA
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.