- 4230 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN
- 4.2 average rating
- 4 specialties
- 10 affiliated hospitals
- 9 insurance providers
- 5 awards
- 6 schools
- 18 minutes avg wait time
- 6 are board certified
- 6 are rated 4 stars and above
- 7 are rated on Vitals.com
- 5 are male
- 2 are female
- 4 specialties
- 9 health insurance companies
- 4.2 average overall rating
5 affiliated awards
- United Healthcare
- BCBS Tennessee
- First Health
Doctors in St Thomas Health Svc
- Dr. James Head MD Family Medicine Franklin, TN
- Dr. Gena Kluwe MD Hospitalist, Internal Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine Nashville, TN
- Dr. Lawrence Wolfe MD, FACE Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Internal Medicine Nashville, TN
- Dr. Sean Ryan MD Internal Medicine Nashville, TN
- Dr. Steven Tarquine MD Hospitalist, Internal Medicine Nashville, TN
- Dr. Mary Harbison MD Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease Brentwood, TN
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
St Thomas Health Svc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Saint Thomas West Hospital Nashville, TN 37205
- Monroe Carell Jr Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN 37232
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Nashville, TN 37232
- Baptist Hospital Nashville, TN 37236
- Centennial Medical Center Nashville, TN 37203
- Centennial Medical Center Of Ashland Cit Ashland City, TN 37015
- St Thomas Hospital Nashville, TN 37202
- Vanderbilt University Hospital Nashville, TN 37232
- TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center Nashville, TN 37211
- TriStar Centennial Medical Center Nashville, TN 37203
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
- University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
- Spartan Health Sciences University
- University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
- Emory University School Of Medicine
- University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine