Baptist Minor Medical Clinic
- Family Medicine |
- Internal Medicine
- 584 N Germantown Pkwy Cordova, TN 901-753-7686
Doctors in Baptist Minor Medical Clinic
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Baptist Minor Medical Clinic when asked is excellent. Baptist Minor Medical Clinic has been reviewed by 39 patients. The rating is 4.6 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Baptist Minor Medical Clinic as provided by patient reviews is 21 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
- Dow Medical College
- Morehouse School Of Medicine
- University Of Manitoba
- St Georges University
Health Insurance Accepted
- BCBS Blue Card
- United Healthcare
- First Health
- BCBS Tennessee
- Top 10 Doctor - City
- Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Patients' Choice Award
- On-Time Doctor Award
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis Memphis, TN
- Delta Medical Center Memphis, TN
- Regional Medical Center at Memphis Memphis, TN
- Saint Francis Hospital Memphis, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Union City Union City, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Tipton Covington, TN
- Methodist South Hospital Memphis, TN
- St Francis Hospital-Bartlett Memphis, TN
- Methodist North Hospital Memphis, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis Memphis, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton Covington, TN
- Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center Germantown, TN
- Nea Medical Center Jonesboro, AR
- Saint Francis Hospital - Bartlett Memphis, TN
- Memphis VA Medical Center Memphis, TN
- North Mississippi Medical Center-Pontotoc Pontotoc, MS
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing