Metro Anesthesia Alliance PLLC
- 6019 Walnut Grove Rd Memphis, TN 901-818-2160
Doctors in Metro Anesthesia Alliance PLLC
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Metro Anesthesia Alliance PLLC when asked is excellent. Metro Anesthesia Alliance PLLC has been reviewed by 5 patients. The rating is 5.0 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Metro Anesthesia Alliance PLLC as provided by patient reviews is unknown . By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
- George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Health Insurance Accepted
- First Health
- BCBS Blue Card
- Data not available
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis Memphis, TN
- Regional Medical Center at Memphis Memphis, TN
- Saint Francis Hospital Memphis, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Union City Union City, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville Collierville, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto Southaven, MS
- Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women Memphis, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis Memphis, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital North Ms Oxford, MS
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton Covington, TN
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County New Albany, MS
- Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center Germantown, TN
- Methodist North Hospital Memphis, TN
- Nea Medical Center Jonesboro, AR
- Saint Francis Hospital - Bartlett Memphis, TN
- St Francis Hospital Memphis, TN
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing