- 1211 Union Ave, Memphis, TN
- 4.3 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 6 affiliated hospitals
- 11 insurance providers
- 5 awards
- 5 schools
- 22 minutes avg wait time
- 8 are board certified
- 6 are rated 4 stars and above
- 9 are rated on Vitals.com
- 8 are male
- 1 is female
- 2 specialties
- 11 health insurance companies
- 4.3 average overall rating
5 affiliated awards
- First Health
- Coventry Health Care
Doctors in Wesley Neurology Clinic Pc
- Dr. Rekha Pillai MD Neurology, Psychiatry Memphis, TN
- Dr. Darel Butler MD Neurology, Psychiatry Alcoa, TN
- Dr. Vishad Kumar MD Neurology, Psychiatry Memphis, TN
- Dr. Jesus Martinez MD Neurology, Psychiatry Memphis, TN
- Dr. Yaohui Chai MD, PHD Neurology, Psychiatry Memphis, TN
- Dr. Gregory Condon MD Neurology, Psychiatry Memphis, TN
- Dr. Tulio Bertorini MD Neurology, Psychiatry Memphis, TN
- Dr. Hafiz Elahi MD Neurology, Psychiatry Memphis, TN
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Wesley Neurology Clinic Pc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Methodist South Hospital Memphis, TN 38116
- Methodist North Hospital Memphis, TN 38128
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Tipton Covington, TN 38019
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Union City Union City, TN 38261
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis Memphis, TN 38120
- Methodist University Hospital Memphis, TN 38104
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
- Rajendra Institute Of Medical Sciences Ranchi
- King George Medical College
- University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
- Universidad De Santiago De Chile
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.