Gastroenterology and Hepatology Associates
- Gastroenterology |
- Internal Medicine
- 107 Glen Oak Blvd Hendersonville, TN 615-826-0710
Doctors in Gastroenterology and Hepatology Associates
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Associates when asked is excellent. Gastroenterology and Hepatology Associates has been reviewed by 37 patients. The rating is 3.9 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Gastroenterology and Hepatology Associates as provided by patient reviews is 23 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Internal Medicine
- University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- First Health
- United Healthcare
- BCBS Tennessee
- BCBS Blue Card
- Data not available
- TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center Hendersonville, TN
- TriStar Skyline Medical Center Nashville, TN
- Hendersonville Medical Center Hendersonville, TN
- Hospital Of St Raphael New Haven, CT
- Middlesex Hospital Middletown, CT
- Milford Hospital, Inc Milford, CT
- Milford Hospital Milford, CT
- Skyline Medical Center Nashville, TN
- Sumner Regional Medical Center Gallatin, TN
- Tennessee Christian Medical Center Madison, TN
- Trousdale Medical Center Hartsville, TN
- Yale-New Haven Hospital New Haven, CT
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing