- 364 Richland West Cir, Waco, TX
- 3.8 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 10 affiliated hospitals
- 11 insurance providers
- 3 awards
- 5 schools
- 16 minutes avg wait time
- 8 are board certified
- 2 are rated 4 stars and above
- 8 are rated on Vitals.com
- 8 are male
- 2 specialties
- 11 health insurance companies
- 3.8 average overall rating
3 affiliated awards
- United Healthcare
- BCBS Texas
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
Doctors in Waco Gastroenterology Assoc
- Dr. Bryan Hanysak MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Woodway, TX
- Dr. George Stovall Jr MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Waco, TX
- Dr. James Boss MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Woodway, TX
- Dr. Phillip Reeder MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Woodway, TX
- Dr. Hari Ancha MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Woodway, TX
- Dr. Edward Contreras MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Woodway, TX
- Dr. Edward Carpenter MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Woodway, TX
- Dr. Thomas Eastwood MD Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine Woodway, TX
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Waco Gastroenterology Assoc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Providence Health Center Waco, TX 76712
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Children's Hospital San Antonio, TX 78207
- Valley Regional Medical Center Brownsville, TX 78526
- Baptist Medical Center San Antonio, TX 78205
- Medina Community Hospital Hondo, TX 78861
- Mission Trail Hospital San Antonio, TX 78235
- North Central Baptist Hospital San Antonio, TX 78258
- Southwest General Hospital San Antonio, TX 78224
- Northeast Baptist Hospital San Antonio, TX 78217
- St Luke's Baptist Hospital San Antonio, TX 78229
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
- University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
- Guntur Medical College
- University Of Minnesota Medical School
- University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.