- 8822 S Redwood Rd, West Jordan, UT
- 4.6 average rating
- 1 specialty
- 6 affiliated hospitals
- 9 insurance providers
- 5 awards
- 15 minutes avg wait time
- 4 are board certified
- 4 are rated 4 stars and above
- 4 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are female
- 1 specialty
- 9 health insurance companies
- 4.6 average overall rating
5 affiliated awards
- Coventry Health Care
- United Healthcare
Doctors in Southwest Childrens Clinic
- Dr. Renee Olesen MD Pediatrics Salt Lake City, UT
- Dr. Pari Mashkuri MD Pediatrics West Jordan, UT
- Dr. Valerie Rahaniotis MD Pediatrics West Jordan, UT
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Southwest Childrens Clinic is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Primary Children's Medical Center Salt Lake City, UT 84113
- Jordan Valley Medical Center West Jordan, UT 84088
- Intermountain Medical Ctr Salt Lake City, UT 84107
- Jordan Valley Hospital West Jordan, UT 84088
- Pioneer Valley Hospital Salt Lake City, UT 84120
- Primary Children+s Medical Center Salt Lake City, UT 84113
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.