- 1175 Corporate Park Dr, Forest, VA
- 3.4 average rating
- 3 specialties
- 8 affiliated hospitals
- 9 insurance providers
- 4 awards
- 3 schools
- 26 minutes avg wait time
- 6 are board certified
- 1 is rated 4 stars and above
- 6 are rated on Vitals.com
- 4 are male
- 2 are female
- 3 specialties
- 9 health insurance companies
- 3.4 average overall rating
4 affiliated awards
- Coventry Health Care
- BCBS Blue Card
- United Healthcare
Doctors in Forest Family Physicians Inc
- Dr. Thomas Eppes Jr MD Family Medicine Forest, VA
- Dr. Carl Bivens Jr MD, FACE Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Internal Medicine Roanoke, VA
- Dr. Leah Hinkle MD Family Medicine Forest, VA
- Dr. Jarrett Dodd MD Family Medicine Forest, VA
- Dr. Charles Coggin MD Family Medicine Lynchburg, VA
- Dr. Jamie Kalafatich DO Family Medicine Saint Paul, MN
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Forest Family Physicians Inc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital Rocky Mount, VA 24151
- LewisGale Medical Center Salem, VA 24153
- CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus North Chesterfield, VA 23235
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital Richmond, VA 23220
- Riverside Tappahannock Hospital Tappahannock, VA 22560
- Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest Henrico, VA 23229
- Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital Saint Paul, MN 55125
- St. Joseph's Hospital Saint Paul, MN 55101
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
- University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
- University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine