- 3700 Joseph Siewick Dr, Fairfax, VA
- 4.0 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 4 affiliated hospitals
- 7 insurance providers
- 4 awards
- 4 schools
- 10 minutes avg wait time
- 4 are board certified
- 3 are rated 4 stars and above
- 4 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 1 is female
- 2 specialties
- 7 health insurance companies
- 4.0 average overall rating
4 affiliated awards
- United Healthcare
- Highmark BCBS
- BCBS Blue Card
Doctors in Infectious Diseases Specialists Of Virginia Llc
- Dr. Richard Sall MD Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine Fairfax, VA
- Dr. Marsha Soni MD Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine Fairfax, VA
- Dr. Henry Rhee MD Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine Fairfax, VA
- Dr. Paul Ramilo MD Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine Fairfax, VA
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Infectious Diseases Specialists Of Virginia Llc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Novant Health UVA Health System Prince William Medical Center Manassas, VA 20110
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital Fairfax, VA 22033
- Reston Hospital Center Reston, VA 20190
- Inova Loudoun Hospital Leesburg, VA 20176
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Ross University School Of Medicine
- Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
- Boston University School Of Medicine
- The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Nearby Group Practices
Infectious Diseases Specialists Of Virginia Llc is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Fairfax, VA.
Allergy & Asthma Specialists of Greater Washington
The Clinical Skin Center Of Northern Va Pllc
Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Institute
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.