- 878 Fox Dr, Winchester, VA
- 5.0 average rating
- 1 specialty
- 5 affiliated hospitals
- 3 insurance providers
- 2 awards
- 9 schools
- 13 minutes avg wait time
- 12 are board certified
- 6 are rated 4 stars and above
- 6 are rated on Vitals.com
- 9 are male
- 2 are female
- 1 specialty
- 3 health insurance companies
- 5.0 average overall rating
- United Healthcare
Doctors in Winchester Anesthesiologists, I.
- Dr. David Kliewer MD Anesthesiology Winchester, VA
- Dr. Robert Thompson MD Anesthesiology Winchester, VA
- Dr. Susan Bolton MD, JD Anesthesiology Richmond, VA
- Dr. David Mclellan MD Anesthesiology Winchester, VA
- Dr. Gary Haag DO Anesthesiology Winchester, VA
- Dr. Wagdy Bagous MD Anesthesiology Winchester, VA
- Dr. Charles Hagan III MD Anesthesiology Winchester, VA
- Dr. Ramsey Sfeir MD Anesthesiology Winchester, VA
- Dr. Andrew Campbell MD Anesthesiology Winchester, VA
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Winchester Anesthesiologists, I. is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Warren Memorial Hospital Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
- Winchester Medical Center Winchester, VA 22601
- Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center Richmond, VA 23249
- Woodland Heights Medical Center Lufkin, TX 75904
- Winchester Medical Center Inc Winchester, VA 22601
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
- Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
- Drexel University College Of Medicine
- Tulane University School Of Medicine
- Des Moines University
- West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Nearby Group Practices
Winchester Anesthesiologists, I. is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Winchester, VA.
Winchester Radiologists P C
Fairfax Northern VA Hematology Oncology
Winchester Cardiothoracic And Vascular Surgeons Plc.
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine