- Internal Medicine |
- 5855 Bremo Rd Richmond, VA 804-285-8206
Doctors in Gastrointestinal Specialists
The Overall Average Patient Rating of Gastrointestinal Specialists when asked is excellent. Gastrointestinal Specialists has been reviewed by 102 patients. The rating is 4.0 out of 5 stars.
The average wait time to see a doctor at Gastrointestinal Specialists as provided by patient reviews is 23 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
- University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
- Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
- University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Health Insurance Accepted
- First Health
- Coventry Health Care
- Patients' Choice Award
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Top 10 Doctor - City
- Regional Top Doctors
- Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area
- CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus North Chesterfield, VA
- Bon Secours St Mary's Hospital Richmond, VA
- Memorial Regional Medical Center Mechanicsville, VA
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital Richmond, VA
- Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest Henrico, VA
- Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical Mechanicsville, VA
- Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital Richmond, VA
- Bon Secours - St Marys Hospital Of Richmond Richmond, VA
- CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus North Chesterfield, VA
- CJW Medical Center- Chippenham Hospital Richmond, VA
- CJW Medical Center-Johnston Willis Hospital North Chesterfield, VA
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital Henrico, VA
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital - Parham Campus Henrico, VA
- Retreat Hospital Richmond, VA
- St. Mary's Hospital of Richmond Richmond, VA
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital Henrico, VA
- John Randolph Medical Center Hopewell, VA
- Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters Norfolk, VA
- Southside Regional Medical Center Petersburg, VA
Information about group practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment.
Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine.
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Benefits of Group Practice
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing