- 224D Cornwall St NW, Leesburg, VA
- 4.2 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 5 affiliated hospitals
- 12 insurance providers
- 3 awards
- 2 schools
- 18 minutes avg wait time
- 2 are board certified
- 2 are rated 4 stars and above
- 3 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 2 specialties
- 12 health insurance companies
- 4.2 average overall rating
3 affiliated awards
- United Healthcare
- Optima Health
- Coventry Health Care
- Aetna Innovation Health
Doctors in Leesburg Orthopaedics
- Dr. Matthew Gavin MD Orthopedic Surgery Leesburg, VA
- Dr. Nauman Akhtar MD Orthopedics Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery Leesburg, VA
- Dr. Michael Kavanagh MD Orthopedic Surgery Leesburg, VA
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Orthopedics Reconstructive Surgery
Orthopedic reconstructive surgeons deal with injuries and deformities of your bones and muscles. If you ever need a hip, knee or shoulder replacement — whether due to a sports injury or aging — an orthopedic surgeon will consult with you and answer any questions you have before scheduling an operation. After surgery, you’ll have a few checkups to ensure everything heals properly.
In addition to shoulders, hips and knees, they deal with injuries everywhere from your ankles and feet to your elbows and hands — and even your spine. They also help treat birth defects related to bones and muscles as well as degenerative conditions like osteoporosis and muscular dystrophy.
Leesburg Orthopaedics is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital Alexandria, VA 22306
- Inova Fairfax Hospital Falls Church, VA 22042
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital Fairfax, VA 22033
- Reston Hospital Center Reston, VA 20190
- Inova Loudoun Hospital Leesburg, VA 20176
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Georgetown University School Of Medicine
- Tufts University School Of Medicine
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.