- 8100 Ashton Ave, Manassas, VA
- 4.5 average rating
- 4 specialties
- 6 affiliated hospitals
- 12 insurance providers
- 5 awards
- 6 schools
- 14 minutes avg wait time
- 6 are board certified
- 7 are rated 4 stars and above
- 7 are rated on Vitals.com
- 7 are male
- 4 specialties
- 12 health insurance companies
- 4.5 average overall rating
5 affiliated awards
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health
- Aetna Innovation Health
Doctors in Virginia Cardiovascular Associates Pc
- Dr. Alireza Maghsoudi MD, FACC Sleep Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine Fairfax, VA
- Dr. Eric Thorn MD, FACC Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Bariatric Medicine, Cardiology Arlington, VA
- Dr. Merdod Ghafouri DO, FACC Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Manassas, VA
- Dr. Shahram Yazdani MD Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology Manassas, VA
- Dr. Chirag Sandesara MD, FACC Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease Manassas, VA
- Dr. Hassan Tabandeh MD, FACC Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine Manassas, VA
- Dr. Hamid Taheri MD, FACC, FSCAI Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiology Manassas, VA
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Virginia Cardiovascular Associates Pc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- University of Maryland Medical Center Baltimore, MD 21201
- Novant Health UVA Health System Prince William Medical Center Manassas, VA 20110
- Fauquier Hospital Warrenton, VA 20186
- Inova Fairfax Hospital Falls Church, VA 22042
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital Fairfax, VA 22033
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center Woodbridge, VA 22191
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
- University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
- New York Medical College
- Islamic Azad University Ardabil Branch
- Ross University School Of Medicine
- The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Nearby Group Practices
Virginia Cardiovascular Associates Pc is similar to the following 3 Group Pracices near Manassas, VA.
Cardiac Vascular & Thoracic Surgery Associates
Fairfax Family Practice Ctr
Prince William Family Medicine
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.