- 933 Red Apple Rd, Wenatchee, WA
- 3.0 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 7 affiliated hospitals
- 11 insurance providers
- 1 award
- 4 schools
- 11 minutes avg wait time
- 5 are board certified
- 1 is rated 4 stars and above
- 3 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 1 is female
- 2 specialties
- 11 health insurance companies
- 3.0 average overall rating
1 affiliated award
- BCBS Blue Card
- United Healthcare
Doctors in Eye and Ear Clinic of Wenatchee
- Dr. Cheryl Varner MD Otolaryngology Sheridan, WY
- Dr. Thomas Osgood MD Ophthalmology Arlington, WA
- Dr. James Britt MD Ophthalmology Wenatchee, WA
- Dr. James Howell III MD Otolaryngology Wenatchee, WA
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Eye and Ear Clinic of Wenatchee is affiliated with the following hospitals
- Central Washington Medical Center Wenatchee, WA 98801
- Sheridan Memorial Hospital Sheridan, WY 82801
- Central Washington Hospital Wenatchee, WA 98801
- Kittitas Valley Community Hospital Ellensburg, WA 98926
- Lake Chelan Community Hospital Chelan, WA 98816
- Mid-Valley Hospital Omak, WA 98841
- Wenatchee Valley Hospital Wenatchee, WA 98801
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
- University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
- University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.