- 7545 N Port Washington Rd, Milwaukee, WI
- 4.5 average rating
- 2 specialties
- 13 affiliated hospitals
- 12 insurance providers
- 4 awards
- 2 schools
- 15 minutes avg wait time
- 3 are board certified
- 3 are rated 4 stars and above
- 3 are rated on Vitals.com
- 3 are male
- 1 is female
- 2 specialties
- 12 health insurance companies
- 4.5 average overall rating
4 affiliated awards
- Common Ground
- United Healthcare
Doctors in North Shore Orthopaedics Sc
- Dr. James Flesch MD Orthopedic Surgery Milwaukee, WI
- Dr. Joseph Puccinelli MD Orthopedic Surgery Beaver Dam, WI
- Dr. Heidi Borca MD Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Milwaukee, WI
- Dr. Domenic Pulito MD Orthopedic Surgery Milwaukee, WI
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
North Shore Orthopaedics Sc is affiliated with the following hospitals
- St Mary's Hospital Madison, WI 53715
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St Joseph Campus Milwaukee, WI 53210
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Campus Milwaukee, WI 53226
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI 53226
- Columbia Hospital, Inc. Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Columbia St Marys Hospital Columbia Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Columbia St Marys Hospital Milwaukee Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Institute Milwaukee, WI 53211
- St. Mary's Hospital-Milwaukee Milwaukee, WI 53211
- St. Mary's Hospital-Ozaukee Mequon, WI 53097
- St. Michael Hospital-Milwaukee Milwaukee, WI 53209
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Elmbrook Memorial Brookfield, WI 53045
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - St Joseph Hospital Milwaukee, WI 53210
Affiliated doctors have gone to the following schools
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
- Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Information About Group Practices
What is a Group Practice?
According to The Medical Group Management Association, a group practice is any relationship between three or more physicians who share facilities, expenses, profits and other resources like support staff and equipment. Group practices tend to fall into two categories: those that organize around a particular medical specialty and those that encompass several specialties like East Boston Neighborhood Health that specializes in internal medicine
Why Group Practice?
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.