Asthma Patient Education
Questions to Ask
From your initial asthma diagnosis throughout your treatment and care, you will have questions about your asthma. Listed below in this asthma patient education guide are a list of questions to discuss with your doctor so you can make informed decisions about your condition.
Questions About My Asthma Diagnosis
- What is the cause of my asthma? If the cause is removed, are my chances of having another asthma attack reduced?
- What should I do when I experience a severe attack? What are the signs of an emergency?
Questions About My Asthma Treatment
- How do I use an asthma inhaler?
- How long do I have to take medication?
- What are the medications that I have to avoid?
- What will be the side effects of asthma medication? How can I prevent them?
- Are there medications that I have to carry with me all the time?
Questions About My Lifestyle & Family
- Are there certain places or foods that need to be avoided?
- Are there lifestyle habits I can change to get some asthma relief and reduce my risk of an asthma attack?
- Is asthma hereditary? Can I pass it to my children?