Asthma Questions to Ask
From your initial asthma diagnosis throughout your treatment and care, you will have questions about your asthma. Listed below in this asthma patient education guide are a list of questions to discuss with your doctor so you can make informed decisions about your condition.
- What is the cause of my asthma? If the cause is removed, are my chances of having another asthma attack reduced?
- What should I do when I experience a severe attack? What are the signs of an emergency?
- How do I use an asthma inhaler?
- How long do I have to take medication?
- What are the medications that I have to avoid?
- What will be the side effects of asthma medication? How can I prevent them?
- Are there medications that I have to carry with me all the time?
- Are there certain places or foods that need to be avoided?
- Are there lifestyle habits I can change to get some asthma relief and reduce my risk of an asthma attack?
- Is asthma hereditary? Can I pass it to my children?