How to Prepare for Your Bipolar Disorder Doctor Visit
Having made your appointment with a healthcare provider, there are certain actions that you need to take in order to maximize the benefit of your bipolar disorder doctor visit:
- Write down any symptoms you’ve had, frequency of symptoms, any aggravations including any that may seem unrelated to the reason for which you scheduled the appointment.
- Write down key personal information, including any major stresses or recent life changes.
- Make a list of all medications, as well as any vitamins or supplements that you’re taking. Record the dosage you take.
- Take a family member or friend along, if possible. Sometimes it can be difficult to soak up all the information provided to you during an appointment. Someone who accompanies you may remember something that you missed or forgot.
- Keep all your records, any treatment, reports related to any major illness should be in record and take records during appointments.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.