How to Prepare to Discuss Birth Control With Your DoctorDuring your doctor visit, you will likely have a gynecological examination. You can prepare for it by taking the following steps outlined in this patient education guide.
- Avoid douching for 48 hours
- Avoid sexual intercourse for 48 hours
- Avoid use of vaginal creams for at least two days
- Wear comfortable clothing that can easily be changed.
- Family history
- Significant past medical history
- Past contraceptive history and any side effects experienced
- Any lab results in possession from the last year