How to Prepare for Your Breast Cancer Doctor Visit
Having made your appointment with a healthcare provider to discuss breast cancer, there are certain actions that you need to take in order to maximize the benefit of the doctor visit:
- Write down any symptoms you’re experiencing, including any that may seem unrelated to the reason for which you scheduled the doctor’s appointment.
- Write down key personal information, including any major stresses or recent life changes.
- Write down your family history of cancer. Note any family members who have had cancer, including how each member is related to you, the type of cancer, the age at diagnosis and whether each person survived.
- Make a list of all medications, as well as any vitamins or supplements that you’re taking.
- Keep all of your records that relate to your cancer diagnosis and treatment. Organize your records in a binder or folder that you can take to your appointments.
- Consider taking a family member or friend along.