Breast Cancer Patient Education
Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Breast Cancer
From your initial breast cancer diagnosis throughout your treatment and care, you will have questions to ask your doctor about your cancer. Below in our patient education guide, you will find a list of helpful questions for you and your doctor to discuss so you can make informed decisions about your breast cancer diagnosis.
Question About My Diagnosis
- What type of breast cancer do I have?
- What is the stage of my cancer?
- Can you explain my pathology report to me? Can I have a copy for my records?
- Do I need any more tests?
Questions About My Treatment
- What treatment options are available for me?
- What are the benefits from each treatment you recommend? What are the side effects?
- Will treatment cause menopause?
- How will each treatment affect my daily life? Can I continue working?
- How quickly do I need to make a decision about cancer treatment? What if I don’t want cancer treatment?
- What will cancer treatment cost? Does my insurance plan cover the tests and treatment you’re recommending?
- Should I seek a second opinion? Will my insurance cover it?
- Will I need psychiatrist to calm down my anxiety and fears?
Questions About My Lifestyle & Family
- Are my children have an increased risk of developing breast cancer?
- What will be my lifestyle change, especially in food as I will be having side effects?
- Are there any brochures or other printed material that I can take with me? What websites or books do you recommend?
- How will breast cancer affect my professional life?