How to Prepare for your Depression Doctor Visit
When depression is suspected, a doctor will review several aspects of the patient’s medical history. It is important for the patient to note the following listed in this patient education guuide:
- Medications and dosage being taken.
- History of all previous illnesses and surgery with dates.
- List of all new symptoms, noting, if possible, when they began.
If you are scheduled to have a CAT Scan, you can prepare by doing the following:
- Do not eat or drink 4-6 hours prior to the test.
- Do not wear jewelry to the test site.
- If you are over 300 lbs, check to see whether the machine can accommodate you.
Written by Barbara Hales, MD